National Nutrition Month is an annual campaign focused on helping individuals make informed food choices and develop healthful eating and physical activity habits.
There is no one-size-fits-all approach to nutrition and health. We are all unique with different bodies, goals, backgrounds and tastes. The key is to find what works for you and what you enjoy.
Below is the weekly key messaging for the 2021 campaign.
Eat a variety of nutritious foods every day!
Include healthful foods from all food groups
Learn how to read Nutrition Facts Panels
Avoid distractions while eating
Take time to enjoy your food
Plan your meals each week.
· Use a grocery list to shop for healthful foods
· Be menu-savvy when dining out
· Choose healthful recipes to make during the week
· Enjoy healthful eating at school and at work
· Plan healthful eating while traveling
Learn skills to create tasty meals
· Keep helpful ingredients on hand
· Practice proper food safety
· Share meals together as a family when possible
· Reduce food waste
· Try new flavors and foods
Consult a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN)
• Ask your doctor for a referral to an RDN
• Receive personalized nutrition advice to meet your needs
• Find an RDN who is specialized to serve your unique needs.